Alertbox is an Lightning Component build by BlinkCodes, and today I will show you how you can dynamically display an alert notification in Salesforce Lightning on any Object Record without writing any code by using this component.
This will be a great utility for your users to know if any important data is missing from the record.
You can install the component from Salesforce’s Appexchange:
Features of the component:
- Supports for all Standard & Custom objects
- You can display notification of type info, warning, error, success.
- Supports 3 Different Modes:
a. dismissable: Remains visible until you press the close button or 3 seconds has elapsed, whichever comes first.
b. pester: Remains visible until the close button is clicked.
c. sticky: Remains visible for 3 seconds.
- Set any Title to the notification you want.
- Set any message you want to display in the Notification.
- Display any field with the message to the end user.
Set it up in the org using the following steps:
- Install the Component.
- Make sure to activate & deploy the my domain in your Salesforce Org.
- Go to object record page. Click on the ‘Gear’ icon on the top Right.
- Click on ‘Edit Page’.
- In the left sidebar, Scroll down to the Custom Component Section and Drag the ‘Alert Box Component’ to any desired part
of the midsection.
- Configure the Fields as desired which is on the right sidebar.
After setting the desired values, you need to set the component visibility. You need to set the condition when you want to
show the notification, e.g,
On Contact Object you want to show the notification whenever ‘Contact’s Phone Field is null’, then you need to set the
‘Field’ value to Phone & ‘Operator’ to ‘Equal’ & ‘Value’ to the blank.
In this way you can also set the multiple conditions.
You can add multiple component to the page for different field.
Let us know in comment section if this component helps you out.
If you have any issue setting Alertbox component, or you want to extend this component further Chat with us, We will be more than happy to assist you.
Support: For any kind of further Salesforce support, Chat with us we will be happy to assist you.