LWC is Salesforce latest model for building Lightning components. The best part is, LWC can coexist with the existing Aura Component.
Remember : AURA components can contains Lightning Web Components but, LWC cannot contain Aura Components
Salesforce new love for Lightning – LWC (Lightning Web Components)
Let’s discuss some advantage of using the lightning web components.
Advantage of Lightning Web Components
- Better Execution LWC is based on the Web Components standards. They are pretty faster!
- Components without UI You can write lightning webcomponent that doesn’t have its own UI and can work as a service for other component and can have reusable functions/methods. You don’t need to upload them in static resources which makes it more efficient.
- More Secure As Web Components have concept of Shadow DOM, it makes them more secure. You can find some good tutorials about the shadow DOM here.
- Easy to learn You don’t need much salesforce knowledge to work on Lightning Web Components. If you are familiar with Web Standards, you can easily create your own components.
- Less Buggy And of course, LWC is not buggy as Lightning Aura Components.
- Extensible Any JS library built on web standards can be easily integrated with LWC.
- Better tools You can now use most standard web development tools such as webpack, git etc for developing LWC components.
- Better support for legacy browsers LWC automatically provides polyfills for older browsers.
To Get Started with Salesforce Lightning Web Components, Click Here.